Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012

School's out for summer! Today was our last day, and it was chillen free. I'm tutoring two kids over summer, one of my former students and Ava.

Steve did a triathlon this weekend and did an awesome job! He did the Olympic distance, which was almost a mile swim, a 28 mile bike, and 6 mile run. I had five other friends competing, too, so we all went up for the weekend to Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin. It was gorgeous weather, and after the tri was done, we lounged by the pool, drank pina coladas, and played lots of volleyball and euchre. Good start to the summer :)

Thailand is this Saturday! We leave at 1:30, have a layover in Tokyo, then get to Bangkok on Sunday the 17. We stay there until the 21st, when we go to Chiang Mai in the north for some Thai cooking classes and to meet elephants. Then on the 25th, we fly to Koh Samui, which is an island in the south. Back to Bangkok on the 29th, then leaving on the 30th, with layovers in Tokyo and LA. I feel like now that school is done, this is all I'm thinking about. Very very excited.

1 comment:

  1. Great update! No more pencils, no more books...
    Give my man Steve a great big "Awesome" on the triathlon. I am working up to 28 miles on the bike, and I don't even want to consider swimming and running on top of that. Did you use Gatorade in his pina coladas?
    And the trip to Thailand sounds wonderful. Thanks for the details, looking forward to seeing you on an elephant.

    ReplyDelete