Monday, May 21, 2012

14 more days of school!

You'll notice that because I am awesome, you can now subscribe to this blog by email :)

I also don't know how many of you were aware that I have a classroom blog, too. If you ever want to know what I'm doing in school or see pictures of my chillens, you can go here.

We finished up First Communion, which I teach to the third grade, last Saturday and had the kids' May Crowning yesterday. Hopefully, that marks the end of weekends I will need to work for awhile. We only have 14 more days of school left, and I'm trying to find lots of projects that involve minimal supervision. Right now, the kids are writing research reports and taking notes, which will last us all our writing classes and some of our reading for the next two weeks.

I have also been whipping up some delicious meals. We had some friends over Friday and I made plantain and pork enchiladas and a no-bake strawberry pie. Steve also broke out his new fire pit, which, unbeknownst to me, had a broken leg. He managed to not burn the house down, though. We also did some gardening. Have lots of flowers planted, and tomatoes, basil, parsley, mint, dill, peppers, and green beans.

Our three year anniversary is this Wednesday, so we're going to Michigan this weekend to celebrate and do some wine tastings. Hopefully, it will be sunny and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment