Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yum!

I am looking forward to the next time all of you are home, since I won't have to do anything except sit around drinking delicious wine that is discovered during wine tastings in Michigan and enjoying delicious meals prepared by children.  I don't think I'll need a lot of practice preparing for this, but I'll try to get some in when I can.

We've had the windows open for the past few days and turned the ceiling fan on at night to get some cooler air inside.  The birds are eating like there's no tomorrow.  Not sure why they're so hungry, when so much is blooming outside.  The other day we saw a female rose-breasted grosbeak (or red-breasted crosby, as Josh says) practically attack a female cardinal that was on the same feeder.

The ferns are hanging on the front porch, and of course a finch nest is already in the one by the door.  I imagine there are eggs inside, too.

Only a few weeks till the Festival.  If you were home you could help me prepare ticket envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment