Sunday, May 20, 2012

New house and first week ~ Josh

It's been a busy few weeks for me. At work, my boss gave his two weeks notice and is moving on to another company. We've been in a bit of a scramble, figuring out what's gonna happen with everything. He was a good manager, so it's sad he's leaving. He joined me last Tuesday in taking a day off of work to play Diablo 3. Don't ever change, California.

I also registered to vote when I took the day off of work. I feel patriotic.

The big news du jour is that I've moved into a new place. Enjoy pictures:







My roommates are, for the public record, completely awesome. I'm with three others, all a year or two older than me. There's Brian, a mechanical engineer PhD; Kate, an English and Econ grad student; and Ben, a carpenter. They're all fun, friendly, and clean. Yay! We've done more together in the last week than I did in two months with my old roommate. We've already had a good number of evenings on the porch, drinking good beer and having good conversation. Just yesterday, Ben and I brewed up a batch of beer.

I've won them over quite readily with my cooking skill. My new favorite cookbook, "Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home", just arrived last week and I've been happy with the results so far. I made my first dinner for everyone tonight - salad with a homemade vinaigrette, a phenomenal potato and leek soup from the aforementioned book, and cheese steak sandwiches. Everything turned out awesome.



One of the perks of living here is definitely the kitchen. It has just about everything I want: cast-iron skillets, a six-burner range, an immersion blender, awesome knifes and cutting boards. I'm gonna be doing a good bit more cooking here :)

Here's my song of the week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1m3XncKyL0

(To those of yous playing some Diablo 3, my id is Ozymandias#1734)

No comments:

Post a Comment